9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns: Mannheim2020
Local transformation needs to be brought to the next level in all aspects of society. Europe needs solutions for major environmental, economic, and social challenges now more than ever. The 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns aims to take these transformations forward. There are no fees for participating in the event and this years' event will be online with an interactive format.
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability(link is external) and the City of Mannheim(link is external) will bring together local and regional leaders, European and international institutions, and some of the brightest minds working on cutting edge research, businesses and the civil society to forge a more sustainable Europe in #Mannheim2020.
On the agenda;
- What is the change we need and what can cities do to make this happen?
- How can a European Green Deal become a true opportunity for change?
- What is the social and environmental impact of digitalisation and what is its public value?
- What is the perspective for a sustainable economy we need?
- How local and how global are the perspectives for a new economic model?
- Who is responsible? And who pays the bill?
- How can integrated urban development and management respond to the challenge?
- What do our citizens want and what can they do themselves?
- How can we step up citizen mobilisation for positive transformation?
- How can this become the transformation that we all want?
- How can we scale up local action to the national and European levels?
- How do we go mainstream?
- Who else do we need to make this happen?
For more information and to register, please visit the official event website.