Decarbonisation of heavy transport and the role of hydrogen
Challenges lie ahead for heavy transport, with ambitious plans from the new European Comission to become carbon neutral by 2050. With nearly a quater of the EU's road transport emissions coming from trucks and buses, industry experts and civil society representitives will discuss the following topics on how best to reach climate neutrality:
- The best pathway for transitioning to zero emissions in the road transport sector by 2050
- How can policymakers ensure they are technologically neutral in legislating on a low-carbon future?
- Does clean heavy transport depend on batteries, or are there alternatives like hydrogen? Does hydrogen have a possible role in trains as well as trucks?
- If there is a future for hydrogen, can it be made in a greener way?
- Does a public network of hydrogen re-fueling stations need to be subsidized across Europe?
Please note this event will be held virtually due to the current (COVID-19) Coronavirus pandemic.