After 3 years of intensive work, on 25 May 2022 10:00-16:00 (CET) in Brussels, LEVITATE partners will share the results and tools developed to assess the potential societal impacts of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) on the mobility system and wider livability goals, including safety, the environment, the economy and society.
The LEVITATE impact assessment framework has been turned into a user-friendly and interactive online tool, called the "Policy support tool (PST)". PST allows users, particularly local authorities, to forecast the potential impacts of increasing levels of vehicle automation and penetration, as well as to calculate the effects of implementing policy interventions such as road pricing, the removal of on-street parking or implementing an automated vehicle dedicated lane.
Participants will learn from many areas of the project, such as:
- which impact areas have been selected and why
- the assumptions behind the expected impacts
- the range of methods for gathering input about the expected impacts
- the definition of policy interventions to steer the deployment of automated vehicles
- the expected automated vehicle use cases
- the policy implications of CAVs
There will also be a demonstration of the PST and an opportunity for participants to try out the tool.
To register, see here.