The Horizon 2020 BRAVE project has studied the acceptability of highly automated vehicles. BRAVE’s approach assumes that the launch of automated vehicles on public roads will only be successful if a user-centric approach is used where the technical aspects go hand in hand in compliance with societal values, user acceptance, behavioural intentions, road safety, social, economic, legal and ethical considerations.
The project is hosting an online event to present its results with the aim of sharing knowledge on acceptability gaps and solutions that aim at bridging the gaps.
Presentations will focus on the work carried out within the framework of the project, and in particular on the following aspects:
- Summary of the qualitative and quantitative studies carried out among potential users and experts in the sector
- Driving behaviour prediction system
- User-centred design of external Human-Machine Interfaces
- Behaviour of the developed intra-vehicle Human-Machine interfaces
- Proposals for regulatory changes
The event will take place online on 17 February 2021 at 09:30-12:00 CET.