ETSC and DVR with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure in connection with the German Presidency of the Council of the EU are hosting an online event on Involving stakeholders in road safety progammes.
National experts from Germany will share their experiences with international and private sector experts on how to involve stakeholders in road safety programmes.
Following welcome addresses, there will be presentations on:
- Involving road safety stakeholders in EU policy: Matthew Baldwin, European Coordinator for Road Safety, European Commission.
- Germany’s new road safety strategy: Kai Assing, Assistant Head of Division RV2 Road Safety, Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
- The DVR and its role and experience in involving different actors in road safety activities: Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion. The panel will include short interventions on:
- Effective road safety strategies: findings from the PIN project, Antonio Avenoso, ETSC
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – Ulrich Malburg, Head of Unit, Ministry of Transport, State of North Rhine Westphalia
- Stakeholder engagement in Ireland’s road safety strategy, Michael Rowland, Road Safety Authority, Ireland
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – the view of the private sector, Dr. Thomas Linz, Head of HSE Bayer AG Berlin
The event will be held in both German and English. Interpretation will be made available.
The event will be held on 19 November 2020 at 10:00-12:00 CET.