Traffic management is one area of transport policy that is currently seeing plenty of new thinking, with the aim of reducing traffic disruption and improving the efficiency of the road network.
The conference brings together leading practitioners for a series of presentations and discussion opportunities that will cover the latest case studies, research findings and policy developments on the following topic areas:
- Permit schemes for street and road works promoters
- The prospects for a lane rental approach to managing street and road works
- The different approaches being taken with regards to enforcement
- Junction management: what is the case for the selective removal of traffic lights?
- Can Countdown and diagonal crossings improve pedestrian flows and facilities?