The key Ingredients to make your Marketing and Communication Strategy successful
Which fundamental elements should be identified and acted upon to conceive an adapted marketing strategy? Marketers are facing the challenge of developing new ways to approach customers or potential customers in order to convince them to make public transport and sustainable mobility modes their preferred means of transportation. To be more cost efficient and result-oriented, a marketing approach must be enhanced with better professional techniques and tools which will be addressed throughout the course: the importance of building a strategy around the customer, the necessity of a strong brand and image, the development of an attractive mobility product and the use of effective communication tools which meet today’s lifestyles, needs and expectations.
Marketing and Communication to meet today’s Lifestyle Needs
Successful marketing measures can significantly increase public transport market share, ridership, profit margins and stimulate demand as a whole. People have dramatically changed the way they move around cities with a high increase of public transport usage and a rapid development of new mobility services such as car sharing or cycling. Therefore developing lifestyle services to make public transport, in combination of these new services, the mode of choice for citizens is a key challenge for cities and public transport organisations. With this respect public transport marketers have a key role to play in supporting the development of new products which are inclusive of these new mobility needs and modes.
Marketing and Communication in the Era of Digitalisation
The course will provide the most innovative knowledge on today’s marketing and communication tools which draw primarily on the development of information technologies and digitalisation. Today marketers must make an efficient use of these technologies, which have become an essential tool to better understand customers and communicate with them. From smart card systems and big data to the use of social media and digital communication channels, IT literacy is an indispensable skill for marketers and will be used as a unifying thread throughout the course.
Our skillful trainers are composed of international marketing and communication experts and professionals active in the field of public transport with extensive experience in strategic and operational activities.
- Get inspired by our trainers, understand the main principles of marketing and communication in public transport and learn from successful best practice
- Participate to interactive plenary sessions with introduction by course leaders, presentation by the trainer and open discussion with participants
- Challenge your practical knowledge on marketing strategies, plans and tools
- Address the topic from an international perspective, enriched by different cultural approaches and points of views
- Participate to workshops allowing you to apply on a concrete case the main principles and tools learned
- Benefit from a unique exchange between marketing professionals
- Marketing and communication technicians and executives eager to learn more about the specific aspect of what is marketing and communication in public transport
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and international perspective on the topic of marketing and communication in public transport and eager to learn more from international best practice
- The course is adapted to experienced marketing and communication professionals eager to learn more about their activity in the field of public transport but also to newcomers willing to learn more about marketing and communication
- The course welcomes participants from local transport authorities, public transport operators and the supply industry
A good level of English is a compulsory requirement to attend the training