Following up the success of Transport Day 2014 in Lima, Peru, the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT Partnership), together with Bridging the Gap Initiative (BtG Initiative), and the Michelin Challenge Bibendum (MCB) will organize a Transport Day in 2015 on Sunday December 6th, 2015, in the context of COP 21 in Paris, France.
The venue for Transport Day 2015 is the International Union of Railway (UIC) Headquarter in Paris, France. The full day event will bring international experts on transport and climate change to discuss the contribution sustainable, low carbon transport can make to climate change discussions.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Wang Chuanfu, President and CEO of BYD Company Limited
- Henri Poupart Lafarge, Alstom President
- Alain Vidalies, French Minister for Transport
- Laura Tuck, Vice President for Sustainable Development, World Bank
- Cllr. Mpho Parks Tau, Johannesburg Executive Mayor