The Conference themes, as listed on the Conference website include:Low emission vehicles – providing infrastructure and achieving higher levels of usage
- Issues in the challenge of the movement of goods and people across long distances
- Changes in travel behaviour and demand patterns during changing economic times
- Climate change and extreme weather conditions – lessons to be learned and how to plan for an uncertain future
- How to minimise social exclusion in times of economic hardship
- The response of transport planning to the rise of social media
- Bus Rapid Transit and Personal Rapid Transit – the future of public transport? New approaches and applications in modeling
- City logistics – what difference does e-shopping make?
- How can reduced transport infrastructure funding provide an opportunity to shift attention to lower-cost but more environmentally friendly projects?
- Challenges faced in providing for leisure and tourism in an economic downturn
- Achieving the goals of the Decade of Action for Road Safety
Find more information about ETC 2012.