ASFA Research Programme (internal research plan)
Programme de recherche ASFA (Association des Sociétés Françaises d'Autoroutes)
In 1989 ASFA (the association of French toll motorway companies) launched the "Traffic" programme to follow-up traffic matters. In 1993 this group was enlarged and a "Groupe de travail économie" was created. It focused not only on traffic but also on all fields of transport economics: cost-benefit analysis, evaluation of externalities, toll management, etc
Since 1993, programmes are set up once a year made up of about 10 'actions' gathered in four main research themes:
- Analysis of current and future customers
- Motorway pricing
- Socio-economic effects of transport infrastructure
- Competition and complementarity between modes.
About EUR 300 000 in 1994, EUR 150.000 in 2001.
ca 80 up to 2001
- Long term evolution of traffic on motorways
- Impact of the TGV Nord (high speed rail line) on motorway traffic
- Eurotoll (part-funding of a European FP4 project into road tolling)
- Road pricing for HGVs
- Distribution of motorway customers (characteristics, etc).
- Analysis of road pricing in Austria
- Externalities: comparison of external costs in France.