Austrian Advanced Automotive Technology
The automotive sector is one of the most important economy sectors in the world. As it is a fast changing sector and requirements like increasing needs of comfort and new environmental standards are becoming more important, the development of innovative products is becoming essential in the future.
The principal aims of the programme are:
- to decrease the noise level of cars especially for the surroundings
- to increase the safety of cars
- to make cars more sustainable
- to provide cars with innovative IT components
In order to efficiently realise this programme, it is divided into two parts. The first part is technically orientated and deals with new propulsion systems, alternative fuels and lubricants, noise reduction of road vehicles and energy efficiency for auxiliary vehicle systems.
The second part supports spanning a bridge to related research areas and aims to create international networks.
This programme comprises an important step towards establishing the automotive sector in Austria for a long time. Making a contribution to similar international programs is addressed as well. A programme management is conducted to realise the aims.
Funding is provided for universities, non-university institutes, industrial institutes and automotive companies.
The programme comprises calls within the programme duration. The first call has a budget of EUR 7.3 million. The second call starts in 2004.
Projects, which deal with finding technical solutions, are funded by 75 % and projects which span a bridge to related research areas are funded by 100%.
For the first call the following topics are covered:
- - New propulsion systems / Internal combustion engine
- - New propulsion systems / Fuel cells
- - Energy efficiency for auxiliary vehicle systems
- - Alternative fuels and lubricants
- - Noise reduction of road vehicles