Danish Academy of Transport (network)
The Danish Academy of Transport is a network organisation of several institutions.
The academy promotes know-how, competences and education within freight transport across research, educational and consultancy institutions.
The objectives of the Academy are:
o To create and promote co-operation between companies and organisations in the transport sector as well as research, education and consultancy in institutions, thereby strengthening the competences.
o To co-ordinate a development of know-how and technology for the demands, the transport sector faces in the global market.
o To develop education that fits demands of the future.
o To develop competitive concepts for transport and logistics
o To increase the awareness of the transport sector in Denmark as a proactive and innovative business.
The Programme is financed by the Ministry of Science and Technology together with three counties. Other partners are education institutions, research institutions and business unions and institutions.
The programme is led by a management group.
The daily management is carried out by a steering committee.
On all projects one or more private companies are involved.
1 general project providing general information on the Academy as well as arrangement of 1-2 major conferences.
3 strategic projects concerning:
- 'Development of concepts for remote education of drivers and other employees in small transport companies'
- 'Management of changes for managers in the transport companies'
- 'Development of the basis for education in the transport sector'.
2 innovation projects concerning:
- 'Strategic development of competences in minor companies' and
- 'Transport companies as suppliers of logistics'.