This sub-programme follows a first coordinated activity targeted on combined freight traNsportation planning, management and control, that founded the knowledge and the organisation of the Italian Research teams at International levels, in particular in the fields of modelling, logistic planning, fleet management and technologies.
Main objectives concerned:
- to give support to central and local public administrations, industries and service providers
- to design innovations at organisational, technical and systems levels,
- to consolidate and improve the expertise of researchers in the field
- to monitor the state of the international and national research in the area
- to improve the synergy with European and International research programmes
- to promote a training programme for young researchers
- to involve also SME companies in the project
- to diffuse and transfer results of the projects.
The Sub-programme SP5 was managed by an ad hoc structure coordinated by a Direction team, supervised by a Scientific Committee and a Users Council.
The planned activities are strictly related to the national transport policy and coordinated actions were carried out together with the National Research Council, the Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Research, the industrial companies and logistic / freight transport associations.
The total budget of the sub-programme was about EUR 12 million, subdivided into the different years.
The industrial funds (about 50% for each industrial project) amounted to about EUR 10 million.
The industrial contracts were managed by the Direction team and results evaluated by appointed experts.