ICT and Digital Innovation
Finance was needed to cover the following research areas:
- Complexity and resilience
- Ubiquitous data and services
- A safe and secure information society
The main objectives of the programme (initiative) are to
- enhance quality
- promote boldness in thinking and ICT technologies
- increase the relevance of Norwegian ICT research by linking R&D investments to national frameworks and needs for ICT research and innovation
Activities under the IKTPLUSS initiative are organised into four investment areas, each representing various impacts and objectives:
- IKT-GRENSELAND will facilitate recruitment and promote interdisciplinary, pioneering ICT research that generates a number of groundbreaking innovations.
- IKT-FRONT will conduct basic ICT research on relevant research topics and contribute to capacity-building and strong and dynamic research groups.
- IKT-VEKST will link research with applications, and foster growth and innovation in the ICT industry, other branches of trade and industry, and the public sector.
- IKT-FYRTÅRN will address key societal challenges by strengthening research efforts in areas where the utilisation of ICT and ICT research has an especially great potential for value creation.
All calls for proposals will address one or more of the programme’s objectives:
- By 2025 the initiative will have developed several strong, dynamic and internationally competitive research groups that operate at the forefront of research and within the initiative’s thematic priority areas.
- By 2025 the initiative will have produced radical, groundbreaking projects that generate innovative thinking and new opportunities.
- By 2025 the initiative will have helped to increase recruitment to the ICT field, strengthen researcher training and increase access to labour that is in demand.
- By 2025 the initiative will have led to the creation of new, innovative ICT-based products and solutions that enhance value creation related to several key societal challenges.
- By 2025 the initiative will have facilitated the implementation and utilisation of new, innovative productivity- or efficiency-enhancing ICT solutions within the private and public sectors.