The Institute of Transportation Engineers (network)
The Institute of Transportation Engineers is an international educational and scientific association of transportation professionals who are responsible for meeting mobility and safety needs. ITE facilitates the application of technology and scientific principles to research, planning, functional design, implementation, operation, policy development and management for any mode of ground transportation. Through its products and services, ITE promotes professional development of its members, supports and encourages education, stimulates research, develops public awareness programs and serves as a conduit for the exchange of professional information.
Founded in 1930, ITE is a community of transportation professionals including, but not limited to transportation engineers, transportation planners, consultants, educators and researchers. Through meetings, seminars, publications and a network of nearly 17,000 members, working in more than 90 countries, ITE is a source of expertise, knowledge and ideas.
Free access. Language English.
- Electronic copies of over 100 documents are available under the section Technical information, in the section Library.
- ITE Journal is a monthly magazine specializing in the transportation field and its challenges, written by and for transportation engineers, planners and others responsible for safe and efficient movement of people and goods on our surface transportation systems. It is possible to buy an article.
- The ITE e-newsletter is an executive summary of noteworthy articles pertaining to transportation professionals distributed every month to ITE members. ITE’s editorial staff monitors newspapers, business publications, Web sites, national and international wire services and other periodicals and summarizes significant articles into an easy-to-read format.
- The ITE Bookstore is your transportation research destination. It provides numerous titles with in-depth information on transportation specifics enhancing your transportation knowledge and application base. PAID.
- The ITE Employment Center helps both employers and job seekers find the right match for available positions. Users can post and/or search resumes easily and effectively.
Standards-20, Policy, legislation-15
All transport themes.