The ENERGIX programme will help to achieve energy and industrial policy objectives and is a key instrument in the implementation of the national Energi21 RD&D strategy for the energy sector. The programme will also promote the broadest possible range of research activities to open the door to new thinking and innovative concepts.
The ENERGIX programme was launched in 2013 and is an open-ended research programme. The programme is designed to generate new knowledge to support the long-term, sustainable restructuring of the energy system, which will require more renewable energy, more energy-efficient solutions, closer energy integration with Europe, and improved flexibility. Important secondary objectives for the programme are:
- To achieve sustainable utilisation and consumption of renewable energy resources;
- To reduce Norwegian and global emissions of greenhouse gases;
- To ensure Norway’s security of supply;
- To strengthen innovation in Norwegian trade and industry;
- To further develop Norwegian research communities.
This programme/activity normally accepts grant applications from:
- Companies, groups of companies or trade and industry organisations, as a general rule in collaborative projects between companies and/or R&D groups (within universities, university colleges and/or research institutes).
- R&D groups (within universities, university colleges and/or research institutes).