NOP Research and Innovation 2014-2020
National Operational Programme on Research and Innovation 2014-2020
PON Ricerca e Innovazione 2014-2020
The National Operational Programme (NOP) is the instrument through which Italy implements the Cohesion Policy of the European Union in favour of disadvantaged geographical areas. The Programme, managed by MIUR, is implemented through the EU Structural and Investment Funds aimed at strengthening the economic, social and territorial cohesion at European level while reducing development disparities among EU Member States.
The new NOP Research and Innovation 2014-2020 supports the Transition Regions (TR): Abruzzo, Molise and Sardinia, and the Convergence Regions (LD), Basilicata, Campania, Calabria, Apulia and Sicily.
Overall, the national programme will contribute to:
- an increase % of enterprises cooperating with research institutions, from 33% to 34% in the less developed regions and from 37% to 38% in transition regions
- around 330 million of EUR of private investment matching public support in R&I projects.
- additional 3,164 researchers working in improved research infrastructures
- 885 new jobs in supported enterprises will be created
- around 117,000m2 of research infrastructures will be modernized/restructured or created ex-novo.
The main areas for investment to be supported under the programme include:
- promoting business investment in research and innovation (74% of the total resources)
- investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning by developing education and training infrastructure (22%)
- technical assistance to support the implementation of the programme (4%).