Operational Programme for Research and Technology (1995 - 2000)
Επιχειρησιακό Πρόγραμμα Έρευνας και Τεχνολογίας (1995 - 2000)
GSRT successfully implemented the second Operational Programme for Research and Technology (EPET II), thus helping to direct research towards areas of popular concern, including: health, environment, nutrition, education, communications, advanced technologies, transport, informatics and culture. EPET II has been the driving force behind the improvement of the country's research and technological infrastructure and the development of significant research projects.
The programme aimed at focusing research and technological activities on productive areas of high economic interest for the national economy.
The main objectives of the programme were the development of the following activities:
- Co-operation between research centres and industry
- Support actions in the areas of transportation, agriculture, biotechnology and economic development
- Aid economic and social development to regions that lagging behind
- Apply research
- Promote the transfer technology
- Support and restructure research facilities and programmes
EPET II has been the driving force behind the improvement of the country's research and technological infrastructure and the development of significant research projects. The programme comprised five sub-programmes which are briefly described below:
Sub-programme I - 'Enhancement of R&T activities'
Sub-programme II - 'Industrial research, technology transfer - Innovation'
Sub-programme III - Support and restructuring of research facilities and programmes
Sub-programme IV - 'Human resources'
Sub-programme V - 'Administration EPET II'
The areas of transportation were covered mainly by the first sub-programme.
The public funding spend over five years on the above mentioned projects amounts to approximately EUR 1.6 million
5 projets related to transport sector
- Freight vehicles characteristics and their effects on the National Network of the Country
- Malfunction Diagnosis and Precautionary maintenance for railway infrastructure
- Information System for Meditative analysis of Electric Railway's malfunctions
- Development and Pilot Application for road safety improvement by using drive simulator
- Road transport decision support tool for Hazardous Materials Logistics