The programme aim is to create a systems approach basis for the analysis, modelling and development of the national transport system, as well as for the carrying out of scientific research to assist competitiveness at the regional and global level. In addition, the goal is to create efficient and ecologically friendly multimodal transport systems.
The main strategic tasks are to:
- integrate national, regional and international transport as well as general research, development, innovation and education programmes and projects
- carry out research with a view to harmonising higher education and other studies related to transport at the national and international level.
The programme is co-ordinated by LatDEA. It includes 3 themes:
- Transport Telematics and Logistics
- Transport Quality Management System
- Transport Research and Education Harmonisation.
Each of these has its own Head and Principal Investigators. They are mainly from Riga Technical University although Riga Aviation University, Latvian Marine Academy, LatDEA, and University of Agriculture are also represented.
A grant from Latvian Council of Science