Regional group to promote transport research in Nord-Pas-de-Calais (network)
Groupement régional Nord-Pas-de-Calais pour la recherche dans les transports
The GRRT was set up officially in 1983 to develop research and automated systems in transport. Its aim is to stimulate co-operation between the universities of Lille and Valenciennes, the Institute of transport research (Institut de recherche sur les transports) and the public organisation of development of Lille.
The GRRT was enlarged in 1985 with new members: the Urban Community of Lille and several industrial actors (GEC-ALSTHOM, CIMT, MATRA-TRANSPORT).
The universities and research centres from the GRRT have also developed strong links with other institutes in transport research. The objective of these scientific associations is to associate very high skills from different technology centres to stimulate research. The network aims at helping industries to be more competitive through technological innovations.
The main themes of research in this network are:
- Comfort: reduction of vibration, ergonomics, thermal comfort, acoustic comfort
- System security and passenger safety
- Energy and the environment
- Telematics in transport
- Logistics and regulation of flows
- Economy of services and organisation, and regional development.
- NASPA: Nouvelles Approches de la Sécurité Passive des véhicules de transport de passagers (New approach to passive safety of vehicles in passenger transport).
- Fluidity of rail nodes
- Logistics of distribution and territories
- Analysis of actors' strategy in the concept of interior platforms.