Road safety policy needs scientifically based information on efficient measures to improve road safety. The Road Safety Research Programme is dedicated to safety research in the fields of human behaviour, vehicle safety and traffic engineering.
The safety programme's key objectives are:
- to improve the safety of road traffic by identifying and reducing potential risks related to the user, the vehicle and the road;
- to assess the efficiency of road safety measures.
The sector programme's main objectives are:
- protecting weaker and vulnerable persons
- reducing the risk of novice drivers
- reducing potential risks from heavy trucks
- improving road safety on rural roads.
Limited call for tenders
Price/performance ratio criterion
Full cost reimbursement