Research on comfort and ergonomics cannot be totally dissociated from safety issues. The driver's position, the quality of air temperature or acoustics play a great part in the general comfort of passenger compartment. The overlaps between different modes of transport are developed, which does not exclude specific works when approaches between rail and road are fundamentally different.
The effort of research bears on the study of the causes of accidents, human or technological. It takes into account the training of drivers as well as vehicle performance in critical situations.
This theme can be divided into five sub-themes:
- accident research and biomedical studies;
- modelling of collision phenomena;
- close warning system and accident location;
- training tools for safety;
- design of vehicles and infrastructure.
See main programme form for Predit 2 for details.