SenterNovem is an agency of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and was established on 1st May 2004 after the fusion between Senter and Novem, two agencies of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. The agency since then joins the knowledge of innovation and sustainability (energy, climate, and environment). SenterNovem contributes to a stronger position of businesses in the Netherlands and to a more durable society, with care for people and environment.
In 2010 SenterNovem merged into Agentschap NL (NL Agency) still under the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
SenterNovem aims to implement government policies on innovation, environment and sustainability in inspiring, forward-looking and professional ways and to promote their coherence. Senter Novem gets cost-effective quantifiable results, applying the best possible mix of policy instruments based on experience and synergy.
SenterNovem's projects can be grouped around the following themes:
- Clean and economical (and quiet) transport
- Mobility management and public transport
- Maritime transport
- Spatial Organisation
- International assignments
- Other assignments for Ministry of Transport
- Assignments for Ministry of VROM (Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment) in the field of traffic and transport
- Innovation programme for the Ministry of Economic Affairs.