Slovenia's Competitiveness 2001-2006
Konkurencnost Slovenije 2001-2006
In 2001 the 2nd phase of the country's integrated research programme was developed as a framework programme entitled 'Slovenia's Competitiveness 2001-2006'. This framework programme was established by the MSZS in co-ordination with other ministries and the Cabinet.
The programme aims at combining the RTD activities of various sectors according to national priorities. The national framework programme takes account of the country's long-term development strategy, the state budget, regional planning and other development programmes.
Transport research projects form part of the national RTD programme to strengthen the economic infrastructure.
The national RTD (Research and Technical Development) framework programme 2001-2006 comprises 9 main research themes which cover economic, social, political and infrastructure topics. Transport research projects form part of the programme as transport infrastructure is seen as a means to strengthen the economic infrastructure.
For the transport research projects of year 2002, some EUR 200 000 have been allocated under the national RTD programme. They are financed by 3 ministries:
- MSZS: 43 %
- Ministry of Transport: 28.5 %
- Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning: 28.5 %.
Topic 1 - Public passenger traffic and urban planning:
- Analysis of the development options of public passenger transport in connection with urban development taking account of the development of quality of life, mobility and health aspects.
- Elaboration of tariff models and unified ticket systems for public passenger transport.
Topic 2 - Analysis of the development options of intermodal transport facilities:
- Elaboration of basic documents for a strategy for the long-term development of intermodal transport facilities
- Elaboration of indicators for intermodal transport facilities in Slovenia under international, national and regional aspects.