The projects supported by IDEIA are devoted to R&D activities undertaken by public and private entities integrated in the National Scientific and Technological System (SCTN). These entities usually form consortia to undertake the projects.
The projects under IDEIA are aimed at:
- The transfer of the results from R&D activities of entities forming the SCTN to the economic productive sectors;
- The development and integration of technologies providing new products, processes or services;
- Support to the integration of Portuguese entities in international consortia involving R&D activities, namely within the scope of European or International programmes.
- All entities that under the form of a consortium develop projects included in the objectives of the IDEA programme;
- Consortia must comprise at least one firm and one entity of the SCTN, being the former the consortium leader;
- Consortia can also integrate foreign partners to enforce the project, but they cannot receive any direct financial support.
Conditions for eligibility:
- Entities must prove that are legally formed, have no pending debts with any Public Body (taxes, etc) and are legally licensed and authorised to undertake their activities;
- Firms in the consortia must also have been constituted at least two years ago and present an economic balance providing ratios of financial autonomy higher than 25% and that the amount to be eligible is covered at least in a 30% by common capital;
- Consortia must guarantee the sound development of the project, proving the necessary scientific, technical and managerial skills;
- Consortia must also guarantee that they posses efficient management systems for the development of the project.