Background & Policy context
The intention of the MERIKE programme is to prepare the marine industry sector in Finland for a totally new operational principle, which will be needed to expand the marine industries profitability and business volume.
The primary targets of the MERIKE programme are:
- Lower Production costs,
- Shorter Lead-times and
- Better Earning capacity of products during life cycle.
The main themes of the programme are:
- Efficient, safe and environmentally friendly products
- Production technologies in the network of marine industries
- Life-cycle support as a part of the business
- Design methods and tools
- IT-solutions for marine industries
Tekes, the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation
Type of funding
Programme funding arrangements and funding conditions
Funding is given within the following parameters:
- Industrial R&D grants run from 15 to 50 percent of the eligible costs.
- Capital R&D loans run from 35 to 60 percent of the eligible costs.
- Industrial R&D loans run from 45 to 70 percent of the eligible costs.
No projects covered for this programme.
Mr Teppo Virta (Programme Manager)
AFMI, Association of Finnish Marine Industries