All information in Transguide deals with transport including the field of Telematics. Information is divided over the following databases:
- Websites - Information on above all Swedish websites.
- Electronic documents- References to full text documents on the Internet.
- Full text search- Searching directly in electronic documents, for example those that are described in the database Electronic documents.
- Literature databases - Information on databases which contain references to publications and research projects. Foreign databases are also represented here.
- TRAX (VTI) - Library catalogue at the Library and Information Centre (BIC), Swedish Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Data banks- Information on data banks (statistics, "who-does-what", project information, codes, patents, etc).
- Conferences- A calendar of forthcoming conferences.
- Libraries- Information on libraries.
- Periodicals (VTI) - Information on periodicals available in the Library and Information Centre (BIC), Swedish Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Dennis - Information on the "Dennis package", infrastructure scheme in the Greater Stockholm Region.
Transguide is being developed to give those interested, such as researchers, politicians, officials, media, students etc access to an all-round forum for information on transport including telematics.
Experimental work on Transguide began as early as 1991.
During the summer and autumn of 1997 Transguide was introduced as a website and could in this way be made accessible to all via the Internet.
Transguide has now reached another stage in its development, and it is now a portal to both broad-based and in-depth information in the fields of transport and telematics.
The Library and Information Centre (BIC) of VTI develops and maintains Transguide.
Free access. Language, English (for report etc.) a lot of Swedish.
Information in Transguide is classified so that search can be limited to one or more transport modes or Telematics & IT. When a database has been selected and the search form is displayed, information about the categories can be obtained by clicking the question mark to the right of "Categories".
- Telematics & IT
- Road traffic
Information in Transguide is classified so that search can be limited to one or more subject areas. When a database has been selected and the search form is displayed, information about the subject areas can be obtained by clicking the question mark to the right of "Subject areas".
The subject areas are:
- Vehicles and boats
- Freight and passenger transport
- Humans & technology
- Environment & social aspects
- Legal aspects
- Safety & behaviour
- Society & politics
- Traffic engineering & management