This sub-programme follows a first coordinated activity targeted on local transportation planning, management and control, that founded the knowledge and the organisation of the Italian Research teams at International levels, in particular in the fields of modelling, transit planning and management, urban traffic control.
Main objectives concerned:
- to give support to central and local public administrations,
- to design innovations at organizational, technical and systems levels,
- to consolidate and improve the expertise of researchers in the field
- to monitor the state of the international and national research in the area
- to improve the synergy with European and International research programmes
- to promote a training programme for young researchers
- to involve also SME companies in the project
- to diffuse and transfer results of the projects.
The Sub-programme SP4 was managed by an ad hoc structure coordinated by a Direction team, supervised by a Scientific Committee and a Users Council.
The planned activities are strictly related to the national and local transport policy about sustainable mobility. Coordinated actions were carried out together with the National Research Council, the Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Research, and city administrations.
The total budget of the sub-programme was about EUR 30 million, subdivided into the different years.
The industrial funds (about 50% for each industrial project) amounted to about EUR 20 million.
The industrial contracts were managed by the Direction team and results evaluated by appointed experts.