This sub-programme follows a first coordinated activity targeted on car vehicles design, that founded the knowledge and the expertise of the Italian Research teams at International levels, in particular in the fields of hybrid transit vehicles.
Main objectives concerned:
- to give support to automotive industries
- to design innovations at technical and systems levels
- to consolidate and improve the expertise of researchers in the field
- to monitor the state of the international and national research in the area
- to improve the synergy with European and International research programmes
- to promote a training programme for young researchers
- to involve also SME companies in the projects
- to diffuse and transfer results of the projects.
The Sub-programme SP2 was managed by an ad hoc structure coordinated by a Direction team, supervised by a Scientific Committee and a Users' Council.
The total budget of the sub-programme was about EUR 50 million, subdivided into the different years.
The industrial funds (about 50% for each industrial project) amounted to about EUR 40 million.
The industrial contracts were managed by the Direction team and results evaluated by appointed experts.