Data4PT’s overall objective is to support the development of data exchange standards and models, to fulfil the needs of multimodal travel information service providers.
By supporting EU Member States in deploying a set of harmonised European public data standards (Transmodel, NeTEx and SIRI), Data4PT aims to enable union-wide multimodal travel information services and contribute to a seamless door-to-door travel ecosystem across Europe that covers all mobility services.
The Data4PT project will:
- Support the technical development of Transmodel, NeTEx and SIRI to fulfil the needs of multimodal travel information service providers;
- Conduct technical artefact maintenance;
- Develop data validation tools and test platforms;
- Conduct required updates for all standards;
- Assist the development of National SIRI profiles;
- Facilitate the operational use of Transmodel, NeTEx and SIRI standards by Public Transport Operators and Public Transport Authorities;
- Exchange of best practices among member states;
- Develop the Transmodel, NeTEx and SIRI end-user community through dissemination actions;
- Build a long term sustainable governance and business model.
All these actions aim to enable the interoperable exchange travel and traffic data and enhance partnerships amongst public authorities and travel information service providers.