Aicraft Design and nOise RatiNg for regiOnal aicraft
Aicraft Design and nOise RatiNg for regiOnal aicraft.
The activities related to the ADORNO project are focused on the development of aircraft models for a regional aircraft engine platform. The main objective is to provide aircraft requirements (e.g. thrusts, offtakes, etc.) as well as trade factors for specific fuel consumption, engine drag and engine weight on fuel burn for both a year 2000 reference aircraft and a CS2 target aircraft. In addition, an aircraft noise method will be developed and integrated in an aircraft design chain.
The high-level objective of ADORNO is to allow a fast and reliable estimation of aircraft Noise and emissions in terms of CO2, NOx at different mission phases, through the implementation of a flexible aircraft model which provides requirements for the engine platform in terms of thrusts and offtakes at different power settings and flight conditions.
The ADORNO high level objective is translated into the following main technical objectives:
- To deeply apply the available MDO chain for aircraft design with integration of noise, emission and engine tools.
- To implement a flexible A/C modeller which allows an easy integration of an external engine model to obtain an efficient and cost-effective design processes.
- To implement a stand-alone tool for noise prediction which required only few inputs and could be easily customizable by users.
- To provide an emissions prediction tools which required only few inputs and could be easily customizable by users.
- To provide a concurrent design approach enhanced by integration of visualization tools to support the design team for the understanding of the product and its behaviour during the design sessions.