This trial offers alternative delivery solutions for customers in a specific postcode area within the city. The options included in the trial are locker banks (parcels are delivered to a locker site specified by the customer) and local collect (parcels are delivered to the customer's local post office).
Consignia have already invested a significant amount in the infrastructure required to perform this trial, which started in July 2002 and was completed in Sep 03. This includes the installation of computer-secured locker banks in various locations in Nottingham including a supermarket and a hospital.
This project aims to:
- Collect customer preference data on the use of alternative delivery options during Consignia's trial in Nottingham from Oct to Dec 2002
- Present this data and other results from the trial in the format of Transport Energy Best Practice programme (TEBPp) Case Study
The objectives of this project are to:
- Perform research into the use of alternative deliveries in Nottingham between October and December 2002, quantifying their environmental benefits
- Analyse the preferences and travel behaviour of customers using the alternative delivery service (estimated to be 1000 customers a month)
- Present the findings of this research together with Consignia’s operational research in a report that is to be produced as a Transport Energy Best Practice case study.