On 26 January 2017, the Swedish Government adopted a national aviation strategy, A Swedish aviation strategy – for aviation’s role in the transport system of tomorrow, in which it announced the appointment of the Arlanda Airport Council.
The purpose of the roadmap is to provide an integrated approach to developing Arlanda Airport that includes the airport, airspace and infrastructure on the ground, as well as access to other airports in the Stockholm region. Arlanda will be the leading airport in the Nordic region.
The Arlanda Airport Council
will discuss issues including:
• environment, climate, energy
• competitiveness, entrepreneurship, industry
• regional and local development, growth, employment
• national and international connectivity
• financing, costs, socioeconomics.