Complete with results
Background & Policy context
Basic information about the project environment:
BKK (The Centre for Budapest Transport) is the project developer BKK is owned by the Municipality of Budapest (100%). The 85% of the project is financed by EU fund (only implementation).
The objective of the project is to assess the feasibility of the bike sharing system in Budapest.
The implementation of the bike sharing system went through the following processes:
- Planning process
- Desk research
- Feasibility issues
- Impact on the transport policy
- Information Day
- Technical specification
- Crucial barriers
Timing of the project was as follows:
- 2013 spring Open tender
- 2013 summer Selecting and contacting the supplier
- 2013 autumn Production installation
- 2014 spring Launch of the scheme
Here are the main characteristics of the developed system:
- Number of stations: 75 station
- Number of bicycles: 1000 bike
- Number of docking stands: 1500 pcs.
- Station distance: 300-500m
- The system is characterized by variability, modularity, flexibility, is network free
The main objective is to support the sustainable transport mode in the city of Budapest.