The main goal of the C-Roads ITALY 2 action is to study and pilot, principally in real urban traffic conditions (in the cities of Torino, Verona and Trento), a set of Day 1 and Day 1.5 C-ITS services:
C-ITS Day 1 services:
- Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory (GLOSA)
- Traffic signal priority request by designated vehicles
- Signal violation/Intersection safety
C-ITS Day 1.5 services:
- On street parking management & information
- Traffic Information and Smart Routing
The C-ITS services to be tested in C-Roads Italy 2 are expected to have positive impacts on transport, the environment and the economy.
An infrastructure upgrade and integration of V2I C-ITS service and V2V information also with vehicle control strategies will be implemented. Vehicle connectivity can extend vehicle’s awareness of the traffic scenario for increased safety and traffic efficiency. Green driving (based on traffic lights information) opportunities on hybrid vehicles will be explored.