Communications for eSafety
The COMeSafety2 project proposal aims to coordinate activities towards the realisation of cooperative systems on European roads.
The project will support and coordinate the development of the necessary standards under the ITS standardisation mandate at ETSI and CEN. It will support the mutual validation and exploitation of programme results under the EU-US cooperation agreement through active participation in task forces and the organisation of workshops. The project will push the finalisation and implementation of the European ITS Communications Architecture, taking up from the COMeSafety Support Action in FP6.
The project will target international, and in particular intercontinental synergies of FOTs. It will provide a platform that brings together all stakeholders to agree on technical solutions, and aims to create roadmaps that offer ways to implement research results in a real-world cooperative system environment. It will support the creation of research agendas to address open technical issues, explore new fields and develop further innovations. It will also promote technical advances, standards and agreements on cooperative systems to stakeholders, supporting the Intelligent Car Initiative and the eSafety Forum.
- EUROPEAN ROAD TRANSPORT TELEMATICS IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATION ORGANISATION S.C.R.L. (Belgium)
- HANS-JOACHIM WERNER HERBERT FRIEDRICH SCHADE - TRANSPORTATION SUSTAINABILITY ENVIRONMENT (Germany)
- DAIMLER AG (Germany)
- ITS NIEDERSACHSEN GMBH (Germany)
- BUNDESANSTALT FUER STRASSENWESEN (Germany)
- SOREN HESS (Denmark)
- RENAULT SAS (France)
- CENTRO RICERCHE FIAT SCPA (Italy)
- VOLVO TECHNOLOGY AB (Sweden)