The ultimate goal of the CIVITAS Initiative is to achieve “Cleaner and Better Transport in Cities”. Since 2002, a growing number of cities are interested to participate in the CIVITAS Initiative as demonstrator, learner or supporter of innovation in urban transport. The current fourth stage of CIVITAS (called CIVITAS Plus II) will build on the experiences of the previous and on going stages (CIVITAS I, II and Plus).
This proposal, called CIVITAS WIKI, describes the ambition, the approach and outcomes of the consortium to contribute to the Coordination and Support Action (CSA) for CIVITAS PLUS II. The CIVITAS WIKI consortium consists of five partners in a balanced mix between previous CIVITAS experience and fresh ideas from experienced European partners new to CIVITAS.
Around the core consortium, CIVITAS WIKI will work closely together with various supporters and facilitators, among which:
- an advisory board with experienced partners in previous and on-going CIVITAS projects;
- previous CIVITAS demonstration cities and current CIVITAS Forum members;
- supporters for an efficient thematic cooperation.
The consortium's plan consists of 6 closely related Work Packages:
- WP0: Project Management, for an efficient and effective management of CIVITAS WIKI;
- WP1: Inception, for the setup of a constructive cooperation with already existing and previous CIVITAS projects;
- WP2: Thematic Cooperation, for management and maintenance of lively, flexible and active thematic cooperation structures;
- WP3: CIVITAS Support, for organizational issues and guidance through the CIVITAS Programme;
- WP4: Tools & Analyses, for a further validation and exploitation of CIVITAS results;
- WP5: Dissemination & Awareness, for a pan-European dissemination of CIVITAS results, the CIVITAS Programme and maintenance of the CIVITAS website.