Regions are competing at national and international level. Companies, as well as the population, have high and very differentiated requirements for locations. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure the quality of the transport service. Accessibility is the key to success in the future.
The main aim is the creation of a strategic planning tool that can be used to calculate and display site quality in a cross - border context, regardless of administrative boundaries;
The creation of planning bases as a basis for regional development and spatial planning in the border area.
Within the scope of the ERRAM HU-AT project a cross-border accessibility model for the region Lower Austria - Burgenland - Western Transdanubia is developed. By creating the same databases and calculation methods, a comparable assessment of locations in the entire project region from different time-, spatial and thematic perspectives is made possible.
Within the scope of the project, the following tasks were carried out:
- Development of a harmonized cross-border database with site-relevant data
- Modeling of cross-border reachability matrices
- Programming of a common GIS tool for the calculation of regional potentials
- Presentation of the interpreted results in an "Atlas of the potentials of the border region"
- Pilot applications in the partner regions