This proposal addresses the topic JTI-CS2-2015-CFP02-LPA-02-10 “Development of pultrusion manufacturing applications” from the CLEAN SKY 2 Call for Proposals 02.
The project AeroPul is about the evaluation and demonstration of the pultrusion process for applications in an aerospace environment. Pultrusion process is a highly automated and continuous process capable of high manufacturing rates. The advantage of the pultrusion process is the combination of impregnation, forming and curing in a continuous process and therefore no autoclave is required. The project will demonstrate the pultrusion of curved reinforced profiles for primary and secondary structures.
- Evaluation of carbon fibre textiles and resin system for the capability for pultrusion of primary and secondary aerospace structures
- Manufacturing of two profiles to initially demonstrate the aerospace quality capability of the pultrusion process
- Demonstration and evaluation of required mechanical performance, FST properties and quality inspection methods
- Manufacturing a sample profile for secondary aircraft structures
- Demonstration of the manufacturing of a representative curved part section for primary aircraft structure applications
- Demonstration of the process robustness and the capability for high production rates
- Demonstration of the capability to manufacture curved reinforced profiles by pultrusion