The project is aiming to contribute to the economic development of the area by supporting improved access and better connections of the European and Asian economy among ports within the Danube-Black Sea area.
- To improve the capacity of the stakeholders to develop better or new freight ecofriendly water transport routes as a connection between European and Asian economy.
- To advocate the use of the alternatives routes to connect Black Sea and Danube, as a contribution to the decreasing of the pollution caused by different type of transport coming to coastal areas.
- To promote the maritime and inland water transport as a source for sustainable economic and social development of the area.
- Elaborating guidelines called —Outlines for a better connection of Danube and Black Sea ways of transport.
- Organizing —"Stakeholders working together” workshop.
- Elaborating a market analysis to identify potential cargo flows to be settled down or reinforced inside the defined zone (Black Sea basin and Danube macro-region).
- Elaborating a feasibility study to find the most suitable solution for a regular maritime liner service connecting Back Sea and Danube.
- Building a database with technical information which could be used by the stakeholders when they need to take a decision.