VALLET - CMA made best use of state-of-the-art rapid manufacturing processes where appropriate, including the various additive layer manufacturing processes (laser deposition). These techniques present the opportunity to reduce model costs and lead times, with the added advantage of lower raw material usage and the associated reductions in energy usage and waste.
VALLET - CMA actively work with partners outside of this CfP to develop model manufacturing techniques using these novel processes.
VALLET - CMA priorities are:
- The respect of surface quality requirements with different technologies (High speed cutting, electric discharge machining, chemical cutting)
- An innovate design of the various leading-edge components to be dependable, quick and faithful
- Using innovative technologies (long drill EDM) for the integration of the standard pressure sensors without perturbations of external forms.
In the particular context of this project, the implementation of a large number of pressure probes should not disturb the surface quality. To this end, we combined multiple technologies in innovative ways.
Drilling deep-EDM allowed small diameter (1mm) to great depths with a very high quality of rectitude. This came as close as the thin zones (trailing edge) to create paths for the transfer of internal pressure information. (Cables, tubes)
The following tasks have been achieved during the period:
- The complete machining of all parts;
- The integration of the cryogenic motor;
- The instrumentation;
- The final dimensional check;
- The polishing;
- The model final assembly and delivery.