The European Union's transport policy encourages environmentally-friendly public transport for sustainable mobility. One of the strategic aims in Széged is to create an attractive, high-quality public transport, which makes the daily journeys faster and more comfortable to discourage car use and thereby provide a liveable environment for the city's residents.
The results of the project are as follows:
- The new tram 2-4.8 km line deployment, development of existing lines 1, 3 and 4 - 18.3 km length;
- Extension of trolley lines no. 8-3.7 kms, building of trolleybus line no. 10;
- Reconstruction of public transport node by giving preference to public transport (Anna Fountain Kossuth Rókusi traffic light roundabout, Indóház of Calvary Veresács - roundabout...);
- Modernization of location: Pulz street - tram depot, Csáky street - trolley depot;
- Construction of 8 new power stations and expansion of two existing;
- Purchase of 9 pieces of new, modern low-floor trams and 10 new modern low-floor trolleybuses;
- Establishment and increasing of 7 B+R parking sites ;
- Renewal of stops and platforms, taking into account demands of the Equal Opportunity Act;
- Ticketing system design;
- Advanced passenger information.