Air transport in the Czech Republic has to be harmonized with the European laws.
In the field of air transport, the work focused on:
- evaluation of conditions for air transport in the Czech Republic
- analysis of transport infrastructure for air transport and improving of the infrastructure functionality
- an emissions allowances trading in aviation;
The work was divided in following steps:
1. Evaluation of conditions for air transport in the Czech Republic
2. Analysis of air transport infrastructure
3. Emissions allowances trading in aviation
As a result of evaluation of conditions for air transport in the Czech Republic it was possible to say that the harmonization of conditions for air transport in relation to the EU legislation is at a very good level. Most of the problems that were found were associated with rapidly growing air transport sector (European airspace crowded with complex procedures, inadequate airport capacity) or cross-sectoral issues, which could cause unequal conditions for aviation in relation to other transport modes (high insurance, taxation of aviation fuel).
Following a study of airport infrastructure, it was stated that it would be appropriate to ensure education of some of the people responsible for airport operations. A methodology for training of airport operators has been prepared which however could not be completed because of incomplete EU legislation.
A methodology was developed for loading of aviation fuel to aircraft at the airport. It is a methodology for airport operations, not the methodology for filling the fuel, which must be processed by each contracting company.