DESERVE aims to design and develop a tool platform for embedded Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) to exploit the benefits of cross-domain software reuse, standardised interfaces, and easy and safety-compliant integration of heterogeneous modules to cope with the expected increase of function complexity and the urgent need to reduce costs.
The main objectives include designing and building an ARTEMIS Tool Platform which will be based on the standardization of the interfaces, software reuse, development of common non-competitive software modules, and easy and safety compliant integration of standardized hardware or software from different suppliers. It will also achieve to build an innovation ecosystem for European leadership in ADAS embedded systems, based on the automotive R&D actors, with possible applications in other industrial domains.
The DESERVE key innovation aspects are:
- A standard platform for development of a new generation of ADAS
- Natural active support as the standard intervention
- Vehicle-Driver sharing control
- Actual deployment of model-based approach including a holistic driver – vehicle– scenario
- Easy extension towards cooperative systems
- Flexibility at sensors/actuators/vehicles/architecture/HMI levels
- High reliability and Fail Safe
- Low cost via SW reuse and sharing of HW (i.e. standard components and interfaces)
- Decision support on heterogeneous system-on-chip-architectures (cost modelling on basic building blocks for next generation implementations)
- Virtual testing of the applications