The Action is part of a Global Project aiming at installing charging stations along roads in cohesion countries with a view to provide a continuous open network of fast chargers. In turn, the availability of this continuous network will increase the attractiveness of electric vehicles for consumers. The Action, a study with pilot deployment, is implemented in Croatia, Slovakia and Czech Republic along four Core Network Corridors (Orient East Med, Baltic–Adriatic, Rhine–Danube, Mediterranean), including multimodal points such as airports and train stations. The Action foresees the deployment of 62 charging supply points along TEN-T Core Network Corridors: 57 multi-standard 50 kW fast chargers (27 in Croatia, 15 in Slovakia, and 15 in the Czech Republic), of which 13 intermodal locations, and 5 AC high power chargers at intermodal locations in Slovakia.
The Action addresses specific needs in terms of:
- reduction of oil dependency and environmental damages,
- market acceleration, consumer adoption and use of infrastructure,
- infrastructure development,
- policy and best practices, and
- ensuring interoperability and compatibility between operators.