The core concept of ELE.C.TRA revolves around reducing environmental pollution created by passenger transport in order to increase the life quality of people living in urban areas. This can be achieved by: increasing the use of electronic scooters in cities, by making possible users of the transport systems more aware of its sustainability, by modernising the existing vehicle fleet, by creating awarness about the project for public authorities and other stakeholders, by defining and testing innovative models, by realising a project structure, increasing investments, and promoting a new mobility system.
The overall aim of the project is to promote a new urban mobility model characterised by:
- standard structure with common characteristics to all the project cities, suitable to transfer to other cities or regions and to develop in the future enhancing other means of transport (e.g. electric bikes or buses or cars);
- specific characteristics, suitable for every cities involved, highlighting demand mobility flows, local buses and metros networks, particular citizens and tourists needs.
The project consists of seven different work packages (WPs):
- WP 1 Project Management and Monitoring,
- WP 2 Ante-Operam Analysis,
- WP 3 Model Executive Planning,
- WP 4 Service Executive Planning,
- WP 5 Implementation,
- WP 6 Post-Operam, and
- WP 7 Communication.