Our consortium is applying for the Engine Mounts System (EMS) of the Ultra High Propulsive Efficiency. Our 3 objectives are:
- Assist the Engine Manufacturer & the Airframer in the evaluation & selection of the most promising & suitable Engine Mounts System (EMS) configuration. Criteria for evaluation: weight, cost, dynamic performance, certification, impact on engine & aircraft assembly.
- Design, build, & test the selected concept for the Ground Test (GT) that is planned to validate study predictions & performances. Our intent is to develop solutions & technologies to minimize weight, reduce manufacturing process complexity, improve system dynamic performance, increase reliability, & provide continuous monitoring of system health & usage & measure in-flight EMS conditions & loads. The plan includes new solutions & technologies with a min. TRL 4 at CDR in order to advance to TRL 5, 6 at GT incl. EMS overall configuration validation & component optimization.
- To develop & insert new solutions for ground test with lower TRL’s than 4 at CDR as parallel activities. These lower TRL solutions selected on their potential to provide a significant leap in the performance, manufacturing, & assembly.
Our consortium consists of
- International company with global reach & renown experience in the EMS industry, LORD Corp
- A German SME, excelling in manufacturing of aerospace structures, HEGGEMANN
- An Italian consulting SME in the field of structural mechanics, Vicoter
- An Italian University, one of the leading science & technology universities in Europe, Politecnico di Milano
This consortium set up a Work Plan starting in 3Q 2015 for a duration of 72 months, which is divided into 7 Work Packages:
- WP1: Management & reporting
- WP2: Concept Studies & EMS Specification definition
- WP3: GT Design & Development
- WP4: GT Manufacturing & Delivery
- WP5: GT Qualification & Testing
- WP6: Support for Engine GT
- WP7: Innovation & new Technologies development