The Prpject was funded by the Structural Reform Support Programme of the European Union and implemented by KPMG Baltics AS and VVA Brussels S.p.r.l in cooperation woth Directorate General for Structural Reform Support (DG REFORM) of the European Commission.
The aim of the Project was to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Transport of
the Republic of Latvia in development of sustainable mobility solutions.
The Project was divided in four phases and covered six deliverables.
The project covered four mobility-related areas:
• The public transport system;
• The structure of the vehicle park;
• Development of LNG filling points and electricity supply in Latvian seaports;
• A distance-based road charging system.
The aim of the project is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Latvia in implementing sustainable mobility solutions.
A total of six deliverables were developed under the project, the main results of which are:
1. Better integrated public transport system in Latvia;
2. A more environmentally friendly transport system in Latvia;
3. A fairer transport and vehicle tax system in Latvia.
The project carried out four studies aimed at raising awareness of the current situation and challenges, as well as two action plans providing recommendations to address the challenges identified in the analytical studies.