MOBiNET will develop, deploy and operate the technical foundations of an open, multi-vendor platform for Europe-wide mobility services. Key MOBiNET innovations address the barriers to cooperative system-enabled service deployment, including:
- the lack of harmonised services;
- availability of communication means;
- inaccessibility and incompatibility of transport-related data;
- fragmentation of end-user subscription;
- proprietary technologies in user devices.
MOBiNET will develop solutions for both business (B2B) users and end (B2C) users (drivers and travellers):-
- a comprehensive directory of Europe-wide mobility and transport-related data and services;
- an e-Marketplace as an e-commerce network linking end users, content and service-providers;
- single sign-on MOBiNET membership;
- membership of the MOBiNET B2B Provider Community enables providers to add third-party content and services contract-free to their own products;
- a platform-independent agent on end-user devices, including access to a MOBiNET Service Directory and an intelligent communication & connectivity manager that hosts end-user services;
- the project will develop both a Service Development Kit to enable easy creation of MOBiNET user services and a set of uniform Reference Services suitable for Europe-wide deployment, including "eco-traffic management-as-a-service" and a multimodal traveller assistant.
The MOBiNET platform facilities will be hosted as cloud services available to the provider community, and will be operational early during the project. These facilities will be taken up at a group of diverse pilot sites that will validate MOBiNET in trials aimed at learning from operators' and users' experience how to create, deploy and operate services in a Europe-wide platform.