Indirect road safety performance indicators are important inputs for the National Strategy of Road Traffic Safety (NSBSP) 2011-2020.
The aim of the project is to improve road safety and reduce a number road accidents by providing sufficient information used for decision about proposed safety measures and improve education and prevention of unsafe driving behavior.
The primary objective of the project is to reduce the number of people killed in traffic accidents on roads. The main objective is divided into several sub-goals:
- Data collection - providing current data in the most efficient way
- Methology comparison of indirect and direct indicators in the context of the activities implemented by NSBSP 2011-2020 for responsible reporting entities
- Creating a methology for needs of state and local governments
- Creating of web applications - including evaluation software and maps with specialized content
- Active use of applications